How many albums did Michael Jackson sell for off the wall?
20 million copies
Critics often debate whether it or Thriller is Jackson’s best album. Off the Wall has sold over 20 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling albums of all time. On February 2, 2021, it was certified 9× Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in the US.
How do you know if a album is valuable?
Condition – This is possibly the most important factor when it comes to determining a record’s value. Collectors are looking for records in the best possible condition, with little to no wear and tear. The best ones are in mint condition, no scratches and have pristine covers.
How do I find out how much a record album is worth?
Here are four ways to determine the value of a vinyl record or record collection:
- Check record prices online. Use these online resources to check vinyl records values:
- Get a record price guide. You can purchase vinyl record price guides such as the following:
- Get your records appraised.
- Ask record stores, online and off.
What is the rarest album of all time?
Rarest Vinyl Ever: A Guide To 10 Of The Most Expensive Records
- 4: Prince: ‘The Black Album’ (LP, 1987)
- 3: The Beatles: ‘The Beatles’ (2LP, 1969)
- 2: Sex Pistols: God Save The Queen (7” single, 1977)
- 1: The Quarrymen: That’ll Be The Day/In Spite Of All The Danger (10” acetate, 1958)
What vinyls are worth a lot of money?
Those Were the Days: 25+ Best Vinyl Records Worth a Fortune Today
- Elvis Presley, ‘That’s All Right’ (1954)
- The Beatles, ‘Please Please Me’ (1963)
- Miles Davis, ‘Kind of Blue’ (1959)
- The Who, ‘The Who Sell Out’ (1967)
- Nirvana, ‘Bleach’ (1989)
- XTC, ‘Science Friction’ (1977)
- David Bowie, ‘The Prettiest Star’ (1973)
What Michael Jackson albums went platinum?
Following Jackson’s death in 2009, sales of his previous work soared, with his compilation albums, Number Ones (2003), and The Essential Michael Jackson (2005), becoming the first catalog albums to outsell any new album and becoming international best-sellers. These two were later certified 5× time Platinum by RIAA.
Who sold more Elvis or Michael Jackson?
Second is Elvis Presley with almost 207 million sales, followed by Michael Jackson with 169.7 million….Top-selling artists worldwide from 1954 to 2016, based on certified sales (in millions)
|Characteristic||Units sales in millions|
What are the most valuable 45 vinyl records?
The 10 most expensive vinyl records ever sold
- The Beatles: Yesterday & Today – $125,000.
- John Lennon & Yoko Ono: Double Fantasy – $150,000.
- The Beatles: Sgt.
- Elvis Presley: ‘My Happiness’ – $300,000.
- The Beatles: The Beatles (White Album) – $790,000.
- Wu-Tang Clan: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin – $2 million.
Does MJ have a diamond album?
‘Bad’ is now the second Michael Jackson album to reach diamond status in the U.S., with more than 10 million in RIAA-certified sales and streams. And ‘Thriller’ has further solidified its status as the biggest selling album in the U.S., now certified for 33 million in sales and streams.
How many copies did Michael Jackson’s off the wall sell?
“Off the Wall” peaked at #3 on the Billboard 200 and sold millions of copies; it has subsequently been certified for sales of 8 million in the United States. Notably, the record also become only the second in chart history to yield four top 10 singles (“Rumours” was the first), making Michael the first solo artist to accomplish this feat.
Did Michael Jackson ever sign a bad LP?
Michael Jackson Signed Bad LP (Epic, 1987). A vinyl copy of Jackson… Lot 89409 MICHAEL JACKSON – HISTORY – 3LP BOX SET – ORIGINAL MINT CONDITION STILL SEALED!
What happened to Michael Jackson in the mid 70s?
However, his mid-70s output performed significantly poorer with the public, with his next two records producing only one top 40 hit (“Just a Little Bit of You” – #23). As he transitioned into young adulthood, Michael wisely turned to super-producer Quincy Jones to help him re-capture his earlier hit-making days.