How do I start Windows XP from Command Prompt?
To boot XP FROM the Command Prompt, type “Type “shutdown -r” without quotes. To boot XP TO the command Prompt, repeatedly press ‘F8’ to load the ‘Advanced Settings’ menu.
How do I restart from terminal?
To reboot, use any one of the following commands:
- sudo reboot.
- sudo shutdown -r now This will perform a system shutdown in a proper way and then reboot the computer.
- sudo init 6.
- sudo poweroff.
- sudo shutdown -h now This will perform a system shutdown in a proper way.
- sudo halt is another way to shutdown.
- sudo init 0.
How can I repair Windows XP with Command Prompt?
Click Repair your computer
- At the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- At the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced options.
- At the Advanced options screen, click Command Prompt.
- When Command Prompt launches, type the command: chkdsk C: /f /x /r.
- Press Enter.
How do you wipe a Windows XP computer?
Select the Settings option. On the left side of the screen, select Remove everything and reinstall Windows. On the Reset your PC screen, click Next. On the Do you want to fully clean your drive screen, select Just remove my files to do a quick deletion or select Fully clean the drive to have all files erased.
How to force shutdown and restart through command line?
– cmd windows shell on remote host – /c Run command and then terminate from – shutdown windows shutdown command – /r restart (/h if you want to shutdown) – /f Force shutdown, don’t wait for processes – /t 1 timeout of 1 second
How to reboot XP?
– Run PowerISO rescue media utility. – Insert the USB drive you intend to boot from. – The utility will allow you choose Windows PE architecture and version. – Select USB drive for output device, and select the correct drive from the list. – The utility will start creating rescue USB drive. – When it’s done, copy the Windows XP setup files to the USB drive.
How do you restart a computer using command prompt?
This wikiHow teaches you how to restart a Windows PC by typing commands at the command prompt. Steps Download Article 1 Press ⊞ Win + S. This opens the Windows Search bar. 2 Type cmd. A list of search results will appear. 3 Right-click Command Prompt. It’s at the top of the list. 4 Click Run as administrator.
How to use command prompt on Windows XP?
Turn on the computer.