Table of Contents
What is the general process of upgrading vCloud director?
To upgrade vCloud Director to a new version, shut down the vCloud Director services on all cells in the server group, install the new version on each server, upgrade the vCloud Director database, and restart the vCloud Director cells.
What is VMware architecture?
The VMware ESXi architecture comprises the underlying operat- ing system, called VMkernel, and processes that run on top of it. VMkernel provides means for running all processes on the system, including management applications and agents as well as virtual machines.
What are benefits of VMware vCloud suite?
vCloud Suite enables organizations to rapidly develop and deploy the following capabilities. Improve productivity of virtual infrastructure (VI) admins with application-focused management and intrinsic security. Accelerate innovation across AI/ML, database and analytics, and time-critical applications.
How do I make a virtual machine from scratch?
To create a new virtual machine in Fall Creators Update:
- Open Hyper-V Quick Create from the start menu.
- Select an operating system or choose your own by using a local installation source. If you want to use your own image to create the virtual machine, select Local Installation Source.
- Select “Create Virtual Machine”
What are the 2 main VMware components in vSphere?
The two core components of vSphere are VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter Server®. ESXi is the hypervisor on which you create and run virtual machines.
What layer is VMware?
Network. This VMware Validated Design uses a Layer 3 network architecture.
What’s included in vCloud suite?
What’s Included in vCloud Suite?
- vRealize Suite Management. VMware vRealize Suite is a cloud management platform purpose-built for the hybrid cloud.
- vRealize Operations.
- vRealize Automation.
- vRealize Business for Cloud.
- vSphere Compute Virtualization.
How do I create a vApp template?
On the vApp’s detail page, click Create Template. The “Create Template” form will appear, which requires a name, as well as the selection of a catalog. The vApp template must be unique within the catalog. Click Create Template to begin the process of capturing the vApp.
How do I create a VM template?
Create a VM template based on a VM deployed on a host
- Click Library > Create > Create VM Template.
- In the Create VM Template Wizard > select Source > From an existing virtual machine that is deployed on a host.
- In Identity, type in a template name and description.
- In Configure Hardware, click Next.