What are the departments under UPSC?
All India Services
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS)
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS)
- Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS)
- Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS)
- Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES)
How many exam centers are there under UPSC?
How many exam centres are there for IAS Mains Exam? Ans: IAS main exam centres 2022 are present in 24 cities across the country.
What are the 10 exams conducted by UPSC?
List of Exams Conducted by UPSC
- Civil Services Examination (CSE)
- Engineering Services Exam (IES)
- Indian Forest Services Exam (IFoS)
- Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service Examination (IES/ISS)
- Assistant Provident Fund Commissioners.
- Special Class Railway Apprentices Exam (SCRA)
Which post is higher in UPSC?
The Cabinet Secretary
The Cabinet Secretary is the IAS top post and senior civil officer of the India’s government. She/he is the senior executive of the Indian Administrative Service ranked eleventh in the Indian order of priorities.
Which is best post in UPSC?
Check the Top Posts in Civil Services Exam in India
- #1 IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
- #2 IPS (Indian Police Service)
- #3 IFS (Indian Foreign Service)
- #4 IRTS (Indian Railway Traffic Service)
- #5 IRS.
What is Group A in UPSC?
The Central Services (Group A) are concerned with the administration of the Union Government. All appointments to Central Civil Services (Group A) are made by the President of India. Border Roads Engineering Services (BRES) (Engineering) Border Security Force (BSF) (Civil Service)
How can I select my UPSC exam Centre?
Allocation of centres will be based on the first-apply-first allot and once the maximum number of candidates are allotted to a specific UPSC Exam Centre that particular centre would be blocked or frozen. Candidates who cannot get their desired centre should choose another Centre from the list given below.
Where is IAS interview held?
Place of Civil Service Interview The Civil Service Interview is held in the UPSC Office at Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi.
Can 12th pass apply for UPSC?
The basic eligibility criteria required to appear for this exam is – candidate must possess Graduate Degree from a recognized University/Institute! So technically, 12th passed students can’t appear for this exam right after 12th. After completing 12th, they must complete Graduation first.
What exams can I give after 12th?
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main. Purpose – For Admission in B. E./B.
- JEE Advanced. Purpose- Admission in UG programmes in IITs.
- National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)
- Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test.
- Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme.
- Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment.
Who is more powerful DM or SP?
SP is usually the highest police officer of a City/District (Exceptions for Larger cities and Metros, where you have a Senior SP SSP or CP). DM is the Most important government official of a District.
What are Group B posts?
Group B posts (with Central Government Offices and Union Territories offices) are meant for rendering administrative and executive assistance. Group B officers usually work under the command of IAS officers and Gazetted officers of the Indian Administration.
Which post is best in UPSC?
How can I prepare for UPSC at home?
There are 15 important tips mentioned below:
- Tip #1: Prepare Yourself.
- Tip #2: Make a Time Table.
- Tip #3: Know the UPSC Syllabus.
- Tip #4: Newspaper Reading/Current Affairs for IAS.
- Tip #5: Choosing Optional.
- Tip #6: NCERTs.
- Tip #7: Making Notes.
- Tip #8: Answer Writing Practice.
How many students can clear UPSC exam?
UPSC posts for 24 different Civil Services are filled through Civil Service Examination (CSE) conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Out of lakhs of aspirants, only a few thousand students can successfully clear this examination.
How to become an IFS officer through UPSC exam?
All the posts for which the UPSC Exam is conducted are highly reputed and desirable, be it the All India Services, Group ‘A’ or Group ‘B’ posts. The details on all Group ‘A’ Civil Services are given below. IFS officers begin their training at LBSNAA and then move on to Foreign Service Institute located in New Delhi.
How competitive is the SSC exam?
SSC exam is one of the highly competitive exams in India which is attempted by lakhs of candidates every year, and the vacancies are in thousands, as per the requirement. The level of competition for SSC Online exams is quite high and preparations for SSC Exam should be done beforehand to crack the exam. What is SSC Exam?
How difficult is the SSC CHSL exam?
A: The difficulty level of SSC CHSL exam papers is usually easy to moderate. However, considering the number of applicants who sit for the exam every year, it can be said that the competition for the exam is tough. Q: How many vacancies are released for SSC CHSL exam every year? A: The number of SSC CHSL vacancies varies every year.