Table of Contents
What are some cool chord progressions?
Popular Chord Progressions
- I – IV – V in every key: C major: C-F-G. D♭ major: D♭-G♭-A♭
- I – V – vi – IV in every key: C major: C-G-Am-F. D♭ major: D♭-A♭-B♭m-G♭
- ii – V – I in every key: C major: Dm-G-C. D♭ major: E♭m-A♭-D♭
- I – V – vi – iii – IV – I – IV – V in every key: C major: C-G-Am-Em-F-C-F-G.
How do you add flavors to chords?
- Chord Rhythm. The first way to spice things up is to play with the rhythm of the chords.
- Syncopated Rhythms. Playing the chords 1/8th in front of the bar change will give the song a more urgent feel.
- Recording Custom Rhythms.
- Sus2 and Sus4 Chords.
- 7th, 9th, 11th & 13th Chords.
- Chord Inversions.
How can I spice up my music?
5 Easy Ways to Add Spice to Your Music
- Use Real World Sounds. Adding real world sounds is a great way to give that unique, tangible element to your music.
- Automate Everything.
- Incorporate Incidentals.
- Sprinkle Micro-tension.
- Add Variation.
What is the most popular chord progression in pop?
C major and G major, along with their relative minor counterparts A minor and E minor, are often considered the best key and scales for Pop music.
What is a backdoor chord progression?
The backdoor progression is a non-diatonic progression, meaning that its chords contain pitches that don’t belong to the main key of the song or the resolution chord that the backdoor progression is leading to.
What is Cegb chord?
A major seventh uses the standard triad pattern for a major chord, then adds a note four semitones on top. So that’s C-E-G-B, for example. A minor seventh is similar, but adds three semitones on top of a minor chord – say, C-Eb-G-Bb. One more variant is the dominant seventh.
What chords work with Amaj7?
The chord chart below lists the common triads and four note chords in the key of A major….Chords in the key of A major.
|Common chord progressions in A major
|I – vi – IV – V
|A – F#m – D – E
|ii – V – I
|Bm7 – E7 – Amaj7
How do you make spicy chords?
How can I cover a song well?
They aren’t mandatory–they don’t even guarantee success–but they’re a solid foundation.
- Listen to other covers.
- Get to the essence of the song.
- Feel free to bend genres.
- Determine how to accentuate the lyrics–or whatever else you feel should be accentuated.
- Play around with different aspects of the song’s composition.
What are some good chord progressions?
E B C#m A – This is the “Axis of Awesome” progression that accompanies so many songs.
How to create your own chord progressions?
Use a Key You’re Familiar With. If you’ve memorized all 24 scales on every key of the keyboard,you don’t need to worry about this one.
How to create mysterious chord progressions?
Diatonic Chords. The golden rule is to only use chords where all notes of the chord are within the scale and key of your music composition.
How to write chord progressions that sound amazing?
Low Pedal Point. The low pedal point tends to lock your chord progression around the repeated low note; the device is common in metal as the ‘chug’ and can give