Table of Contents
How do you add a caption to a featured image?
To add the captions, I recommend the free Featured Image Caption plugin. As you can see from the screenshot, it hasn’t been updated in a while, but it continues to work perfectly well. Once you install the plugin, you’ll find a new Featured Image Caption option added to the sidebar of the editor.
How do I get featured image captions in WordPress?
Featured Image Caption Plugin is a WordPress plugin that displays image captions on featured images in WordPress. Firstly, install and activate the plugin. Secondly, go to Posts > All Posts and select the post you want to work with. You will see a new Featured Image Caption section to the right of the post editor.
How do I fix featured image in WordPress?
Click the gear icon in the top right corner to open the settings panel. In the settings panel under the Post tab, select Featured image > Set featured image. Upload your featured image or select one from your media library. In the Alt Text field, add alternative text that describes your featured image.
How do I add text to featured images in WordPress?
To add the featured image, drag over a Featured Image widget. Then, to add text, use the Caption drop-down and set it to either: Attachment Caption – it will pull the caption from the WordPress Media Library caption box. Custom Caption – you can enter a custom caption.
How do I add a caption to tiled gallery in WordPress?
- Place your cursor where you want the tiled gallery to be embedded and add a tile gallery block.
- Click on Upload or Select Images.
- Use Ctrl key to select more than one image and then click Select.
- Click on Edit in the block toolbar to rearrange the images and add/edit captions.
Why are featured images not showing up WordPress?
Locate the Settings panel towards the right side of the page. Then, select the Post (or Page if editing a page) tab to reveal the post’s settings. Scroll down on that panel and open the Featured Image dropdown item. If you see the same photo under the Featured Image tab and in your content, that’s causing the problem!
How do I create a dynamic featured image in WordPress?
- Unzip and upload the dynamic-featured-images directory to the plugin directory ( /wp-content/plugins/ ) or install it from Plugins->Add New->Upload.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
How do I put text over an image in Elementor?
How To Add Text Over Image in Elementor
- Drag and drop an Image Widget into a column and select your image from the media library.
- Drag and drop a Heading Widget below the image and edit your text.
- In the Advanced Tab, unlink the margin properties and apply a negative top margin (example: -40%)
How do I put a text box over a picture in Word?
On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click WordArt, click the style of text you want, and then type your text. Click the outside edge of the WordArt to select it, drag the text over your photo and then, if you want, rotate the text to the angle that works best for your photo.
How do I enable featured images in WordPress?
How to Add Featured Images In WordPress
- Step 1: Edit the post or page you want to add an image to.
- Step 2: Click on “Set Featured Image”
- Step 3: Choose an Image from Your Media Library.
- Step 4: Click on “Set featured image” blue button.
How do I enable featured image in custom post type?
You can simply enable support Post thumbnail for any custom post type with the following line of code in the theme’s function. php file. add_post_type_support( ‘forum’, ‘thumbnail’ ); Note: Here, the forum is the post type name.
How do I add text overlay to an image in WordPress?
In the top toolbar, click on the “Add text over image” button as shown in the screenshot below.
- Select Text Over Image.
- Overlay Color Options on Image Block Editor.
- Enter Text on Image Block.
- Custom Text Sizing on Block Editor.
- Top Toolbar of Image Block.
- Add a Cover Block.
- Edit Text Overlay on Cover Block.
How to fix featured image not showing in WordPress posts and pages?
Here’s how to fix both. The first problem arises when you can’t see the featured image thumbnails in your list of pages or posts. You can go to Post > All Posts to review your list of articles. A column called Featured Image is supposed to appear after the Post Date.
What is the default featured image plugin for WordPress?
It helps with cleaning out those posts where you forgot to add a featured image or, at some point, removed it due to the original featured image not holding up to your standards. Overall, the Default Featured Image plugin has some simple tools for adding a default featured image with a button’s click.
What happens if a featured image is not assigned to posts?
If a featured image isn’t assigned to a post, it will show a blank space in its block instead. What’s more, several settings are now available to make the featured images look professional.
What does the featured image section mean in WordPress?
As you can see, a different image appears in the Featured Image section. This tells us the plugin is doing its job by adding the default featured image to the right posts and leaving out the ones that already have featured images. At some point, you may realize that several old posts could use new featured images.